365 Ways #34–UNSATURATED fats KILL!

#34–The fatty acids found in artery clogs are mostly UNSATURATED. Only 26% is saturated. The rest, 74%, is unsaturated with 41% coming from what the “experts” say is good for us–polyunsaturated fat. These are oils which remain liquid even in the refrigerator (corn, canola, safflower, and soy). They are highly reactive due to the unpaired electrons at their bonds (where as saturated fats have all available carbon bonds filled with an atom of hydrogen). Thus, they go rancid quite easily and should NEVER be used for cooking. Unfortunately, misinformation as well as a strong lobby has seen consumption of these oils increase by over 400% in the past 90 years. Meanwhile traditional dietary fats from animal sources has declined by more than 20%. And today 40% of Americans die from heart disease….

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published