#229--It's also egg-free the way we make it, and it's the BOMB!
This recipe was found on allrecipies.com and modified a little.
Ingredients (This recipe makes 4 loaves. If you only want two, you will need to half this recipe. Better yet, make the full recipe and bring me the other two loaves...):
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* dash of nutmeg and ground cloves
* 3/4 cup butter
* 3 cups white sugar
* 3 eggs or Chia seeds as a substitute (1 tsp of chia seeds and 3tbsp of water = 1 egg--and NOTHING is wrong with eggs, but my son's allergic to them. This mixture needs to sit for about 10mins until it becomes gel-like)
* 6 very ripe bananas, mashed
* 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 teaspoons baking soda
* 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or rice flour to make it gluten free
* 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 7x3 inch loaf pans. In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar. Mix in eggs or chia seeds, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon and spices. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
3. Make a crumbly topping by (and don't half this) mixing 1/2 cup packed brown sugar ~ 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or rice flour ~ 2 or 3 tablespoons butter (softened) ~ 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Spoon it over the loaves before putting in the oven.
4. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.